The requirements for this award states that:
I have to share 10 things about myself that no one in the blogging community would know about me.
I have to pass the award nominations onto six other bloggers.
Thank my award giver and link back to their blog site.
Ten things about me:
1. Being near the water is my writing inspiration. In September of this year I rented a house on a lake.. and the words began to flow!
2. My dear friend Scott used his most coercive tactics to push me (lovingly I might add) to reach for my dream of writing. Thank you Scott. On this past 4th of July he told me, “Take your notebook and go sit by the lake and write!” Fifteen minutes later he texted me, “Are you writing?” Fifteen minutes after that, “Send me what you’ve written.” That’s when I turned off my phone ’cause he was interrupting my writing.
3. Tammy and Michele from my blogs are real people and my very best friends. I absolutely Love you two!
4. I’m allergic to chocolate. (I know, it horrifies me too.)
5. I love music and think my life should be fully lived in stereo.
6. My first job was at a movie theater and is the sole cause of my popcorn addiction.
7. By day I’m a counselor. That however does not preclude me from having problems (as you all well know from my blogs).
8. I love fireworks. (and pretty much anything that sparkles)
9. I love a spontaneous adventure.
10. I can’t sleep if my feet are cold.
The next requirement of this award is to pass it on to 6 other WordPress.com bloggers.
Nominations to six other bloggers:
1. Jess at > http://jessbanuelos.wordpress.com
3. Nicole at > http://goddessundressed.wordpress.com
4. Laura at > http://laughteriscatching.wordpress.com
5. Merridy at > http://thisismeforallitsworthjournal.wordpress.com
6. Denise at > http://adeeyoyo.wordpress.com
My utmost thanks to you Jane at > http://janeannethorne.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award. As such a new blogger, it was completely unexpected, but so much appreciated. Thank you for our new-found friendship. You are an encouragement and an inspiration!
This award also has a few requirements for its acceptance. Those are:
1. Thank the award giver and link back to their blog in your post.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 recently found bloggers on WordPress.com that I enjoy reading.
4. Contact my chosen bloggers to notify them of their nomination
I was actually nominated by two bloggers for this award! I feel so blessed to be recognized for my writing. Thank you to my fellow bloggers. The links to their sites are : http://TheBeautifulLifeoftheTravelingWife.wordpress.com and http://janeannethorne.wordpress.com
Seven Things About Myself:
1. I’m blessed to be the mother of 4 children and one gorgeous granddaughter!
2. I am a foster/adoptive mother. During a five-year period, my ex husband and I were honored to parent 25 children. We were amazingly blessed to adopt a beautiful, kind-hearted and curious little boy who was a month old when he came to us. He is now 9 years old and involved with Cub Scouts and Sunday School. He has (unfortunately for his mom) a love of snakes.
3. I have a lifelong love of learning.
4. I wish I could sing well. (There is a reason I was in band.)
5. I moderate a website. http://lostlovers.com
6. Part of my story is a chapter in a book. “31 Voices” by Katie Thompson as part of the Iowa Voices Project
7. I want to take a cruise to Alaska some day.
15 blogs that I enjoy reading:
Yes, it’s sad to say that I’m a few bloggers short of a full load here. As a new blogger it’s my challenge to increase my blog readership.
To all of my readers:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate every single one of you. I appreciate your comments. Without you, what would be the point of writing?
For those of you who are new to my blog, my posts here are an ongoing story. I began this blog on October 15, 2011 and that’s where the story begins. Each new post builds upon the one before it. You can click on the archives button and go back to the beginning.
Also noteworthy is that the stories I’m writing now, all took place last year at this time. They are not currently happening. But new things ARE happening. I can hardly wait to see how it all turns out!
Love & Hugs!
Jeannie aka 1smiles